To Mithun Da with love

YeeeEEEEHHHHHHHH! AAAAAAoooooooooiiiiiiii! OOOOOOOOiiiiiiiii!!!!



NEW DELHI,INDIA

This is for what yesteryear Mithun Chakraborty is revered. The hero of early 80’s I have seen growing up.

The first bollywood filmy hero who captured my imagination and pushed me to the extreme level to become a fan; the word ‘fan’ wouldn’t be the perfect word to describe; the relationship that I found in him is something which I still don’t find with any other person from bollywood or Hollywood.

He was my idol at my tender age when black and white television was a luxury. And the only mode of entertainment was the musical programme Chitrahaar telecasted by Doordarshan on Wednesday at 8.00 PM. The place of watching Chitrahaar absolutely was not my house; it was our neighbour’s house drawing room. At that particular time, I remember, neighbours’ room doesn’t remain their own; it becomes a common entertainment room of houses located in the periphery of the owner.

You might be thinking what the relationship the present day Mithun Da had with Chitrahaar. There is a relationship since the primary motive and the factor that used to jubilate all tinny-winny sitting watching vociferously all the old songs that were telecasted is concerned; there, only one (one was enough) song of Mithun Da was sufficient to quench our thirst to watch the whole 30 minute programme.

Any hit and miss of Mithun’s song on Wednesday was very much depended upon how do you come out from the house.

At that age of wearing half-pant, lack of analysis of mind with receptive bent accepted anything, directly or indirectly related on Mithun. Whether it was related to his song, car or movie.

I remember my friend, who was senior to me told me once, when I asked him to describe how is the car of Amitabh Bachchan and Mithun Chakrabarty that his car is as white as milk one cannot see in day while Amitabh Bachchan’s car is as black one cannot see in night. And I believed on his version and I still continue to believe on it.

My first official movie of Mithun Chakrabarty was ‘Wanted’. It was ‘official’ since my father took all of us to watch the movie, and it was the last and final movie officially seen.

And its hang is still there in my mind – Mithun with a gun revolving in a circle opposite Amjad Khan.

If I keep on writing on Mithun, it is sure the space wouldn’t be enough.



YeeeEEEEHHHHHHHH! AAAAAAoooooooooiiiiiiii! OOOOOOOOiiiiiiiii!!!!

Posted in Labels: , , |

4 comments:

  1. esjaykay Says:

    i salute u! U have touched my soul by showing obeisance to this undying hero of Bollywood.

  2. esjaykay Says:

    hey, u have done a tremendous job. Thanks a lot for showing obeisance to our own Mithunda.

    Shekhar

  3. Unknown Says:

    I heartily agree with you Shekhar...I literally worship Mithunda..and it was a real feast for my mind to read this blog...yeah...i felt really great....thanks a lot Psylum...or in our own Bollywood style...ZALIM...MAAR HI DALOGE.........
    JAI HO MITHUNDA KI..
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....sALA...AGAR mein kolkata mein hoti na..to tere ko Disco Dikhati.....aaieee...aamma..am..laxmi..Iyyer Nariyal pani wala jo Lungi utha ke kamal dikhati...eeeee...sala..

  4. Anonymous Says:

    No words to comment....its really superb.....to read something on Mithun da is really refreshing after so many years......he is simply great and if i sit to write something it will nt end.....so to sum it up short u have done a great job on ur part and thanx to make me refresh my childhood days once again.....keep it up and looking forward for more such articles from u.....wish u all success in life.....Ranita