My first encounter with ghost - Part II


It was a rainy season and the time was 8 p.m. After confining the cows and buffaloes in their shelter I went to a nearby pond to wash my face, hands and legs. In between the pond and my house there was a canal of six feet width. For crossing it a pair of bamboo was laid on the canal and to give hand support a bamboo was erected.

As I was returning from the pond, I saw a person of my age resembling one of my villager heading towards the canal. And we were at the same time had to cross the canal. Seeing him in hurry I called him by name and requested to allow me first to cross the small canal; as I was getting wet and just had come from the pond.

My request had no effect on him and subsequently closed to each other with merely distance. I noticed the person thoroughly and found as follows -
(a) the bamboo stick umbrella that he put on his head was without leaves and exist only bamboo stick frame. On seeing his umbrella it appeared that he had quarreled with other boys thus resultimg him to this wretched condition (b) the white dirty kurta that he wore was miserably torn at the lower portion and so was the gamocha (c) his face was looking dull, insipid as he is being suffering from acute malnutrition.

After thoroughly observing him in all respect I repeatedly requested to give way for crossing the canal but all fall in vain. In the next moment I was terrified to see the changing face of the man. Finding no other way of my rescue I started praying GOD two or three times. The next moment, so to veil my fear I started rebuking hardly in rough language in order to catch the attention of the people. My all efforts came out with no results. He was constantly gazing at my face, and his face was rapidly changing becoming more dangerous and frightening.

I started scolding again but this time more vigorously and loud in nature. I began pouring punches to his face and breast. In the meantime I noticed that the size of his eye becoming bigger and bigger and almost reddish in colour. His constant gaze remained steady towards me without any twinkling. Though I did everything for survival of my life I never touched his body.

God knows from where I got enough courage to reciprocate the spirit who was looking like my neighbour. The next very moment the spirit gave me passage by shifting right leg in hanging position and the left leg taking the place of the right leg position, and his body tilted towards the canal by freeing his hand grips from the bamboo. For a normal person he would have fallen. But.........he was balanced.

Presuming the opportunity I advanced my leg and kept his leg in between my legs and bitterly scolded making eye-to-eye sharp contact with him. When I crossed my leg the spirit came to his original position. Then I move backward keeping eye on him and constantly scolding him.
This way I was managed to cross the canal. As soon as I crossed the canal the devil also proceeded through the palm bushes, I saw after going some distance at about 10 meter he disappeared from my eyes.

On sudden disappearance of the devil I got so nervous and awestruck that I hardly reached my house and I fell down on the ground in senseless condition and I remained through out the night. And in early morning I regained sense.
I saw men and women had gathered at my house who were keen to know the whole episode. And when I narrated the whole episode the gatherings hummed and hawed for my survival from the jaws of death.
Related Stories:
My first encounter with ghost - Part I

Posted in Labels: |

3 comments:

  1. joshua Says:

    It's so nice for me to have found this blog of yours, it's so interesting. I sure hope and wish that you take courage enough to pay me a visit in my PALAVROSSAVRVS REX!, and plus get some surprise. My blog is also so cool! Don't think for a minute that my invitation is spam and I'm a spammer. I'm only searching for a public that may like or love what I write.

    Feel free off course to comment as you wish and remember: don't take it wrong, don't think that this visitation I make is a matter of more audiences for my own blogg. No. It's a matter of making universal, realy universal, all this question of bloggs, all the essential causes that bring us all together by visiting and loving one another.

    I think it's to UNITE MANKIND that we became bloggers! Don't see language as an obstacle but as a challenge (though you can use the translater BabelFish at the bottom of my page!) and think for a minute if I and the rest of the world are not expecting something like a broad cumplicity. Remenber that pictures talk also. Open your heart and come along!!!!!

  2. esjaykay Says:

    Nice one.I got it really interesting.

  3. rk rishikesh sinha Says:

    Rodrigo said...

    "Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.-04 July 2007 19:45".

    i was very much inquisitive to decipher what has been written.

    so i found the translated verison of it.

    It reads.......

    Oi, I found yours blog for google tá well interesting I liked this post. When to give gives passed for mine blog, is on personalized t-shirts, shows step by step as to create a well personalized t-shirt way. Until more.