Bishnupriya Manipuri Status in Google

What is the status of Bishnupriya Manipuri in the world of Internet? What it’s standing in the yahoo and in the google search engine? How many people click, typing Bishnupriya Manipuri in the internet. Well, these were some few questions, definitely, would be lurking in everyone’s mind. So, is the case with me?

Are we dead in the eyes of netizens? Are we visible for the whole world? Let us travel down the line in the murky lanes of internet and find out the real status of our community.

Type Bishnupriya Manipuri in the world’s biggest search engine Google – results 23,600 in 0.09 seconds. The first website - http://www.bishnupriya-manipuri.org/ - is static and only God knows what has been written and it is full of boxes. Would you pay a visit to the website. The answer would be big NO.

Now come to the second website - http://manipuri.freeservers.com/ - it is much better than the first one. I suppose Google Page Ranking tool went wrong this time since this website is full of contents and useful informations on the language movement and how to learn the Bishnupriya Manipuri language. A good website in itself.



Coming to the third, it is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishnupriya_Manipuri_language in the world famous online encyclopedia wikipedia.org, indeed is a prize catch. It is matter of prestige that our community name has been added to this site. And who ever has written is a man to be honoured for taking the painstaking and incisive work.

Next http://manipuri.htmlplanet.com/ is a more descriptive website mentioning about songs, drama, novels, essays and research work. A must visit website.

Next comes the pouri http://www.pouri.org/. Do not expect much from this website. It was updated on 08 December 2005. A no, no website.

http://mahasabha.org/ - an official website of the Nikhil Bishnupriya Manipuri Mahasabha is the one that could personalize anybody and it makes the first impression favourable with its front page depictingthe familiar names Dr. Debandra Kr. Sinha, Gopinath Sinha, Hem Chandra Sinha , Uday Sinha, Rajendra Kr. Sinha, Krishna Ballab Sinha, Sundar Mukherjee and address Bhakatpur, Silchar.

Despite the alluring looks of the website, if one expects while clicking the news tab, one would get news, forget it there is no news being the official website and being situated at the heart of our community. The Orkut version of Bishnupriya Manipuri is far better active than this one.

These were few of the names of the websites that probably command respect or disrespect. And how much these websites ventilates the community to the other world. It is not far away from everyone’s guess.

Has it been ever possible that one invokes the Google Alert tool and one's mail box not flooded with related materials from the sources - news, blogs, web and group - on a keyword, pouring out from any part of the world? But it happens with the Bishnupriya Manipuri. Try it. Google fails to crawl any items with the word Bishnupriya Manipuri. Your mail inbox will be blank.

Well my inquisitive to know how many people are really typing Bishnupriya manipuri I ran the google trends but it failed to come up with any result it showed – the term Bishnupriya manipuri do not have enough search volume to show graphs. So here it failed to colligate any information on it.

Not believing on the google tool I tried the same in a yahoo tool it failed again. Next I took refuge in another google tool to know so far how many have since the internet came into existence typed Bishnupriya manipuri. It came out with the figure 25000.

So we came out with the two figures first the 23,600 – the total search result available in the google search and the 25000 – the total number of search done by people typing in the internet browsers.
Winding up the whole issue – we all Bishnupriya Manipuri must be active and must contribute in this ever-changing world of internet before we are being wiped out by others, not to mentions the enemies we have.

Posted in Labels: , , |

17 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Hi Rishi.....once more a nice article with full information and correct statistical numbers....your article gives a full picture of the scenerio of BM community in the so called web world. It shows and gives pain that we are lacking behind so much. Your article, in my opinion will work as a booster to this sleeping society and make them more an more active....a nice piece of work....wish you all success in life from the bottom of my heart...take cake

  2. X Says:

    Sumthing new and thought provoking-dats uncommon,and very very good!
    way to go dood!

  3. Anonymous Says:

    Dear Rishi, you have done good analysis.. in addition I like to name some other sites on Bishnupriya like http://freespaces.com/ithaak and http://manipuri.freehomepage.com which worth mention.

    Curiously enough all the websites about Bishnupriya manipuri in world wide web are the contribution from the Bangladeshi Bishnupriyas. Is there any website or a single page about Bishnupriya Manipuri by any Bishnupriya from Assam or Tripura or any state from India? Is it not a strange thing that 70% of Bishnupriyas live in India?

  4. Uttam Singha Says:

    Dear Rishikesh Sinha,
    I would like to thank you for your positive comment about our sites. Yes, indeed I have done lots of web sites for our society, but I could not fill with information because of lack of information, writer, article or book. I started using online 1997, but there was not even single line I found on yahoo about Bishnupriya Manipuri. I was so shamed, shocked, and upset. I just started a free page on www.geocities.com, which is deleted now. Also I started a Yahoo Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bishnupriya-manipuri/ . From there I promised myself, I will fill the entire search engines with Bishnupriya Manipuri information. Also, this incident inspired me to study Computer Information System rather than Criminal Justice (I was a criminal Justice Student in the beginning of my college education in the John Jay College of City University of New York, USA). I registered & started http://www.pouri.org , and next couple of years I started some web sites which are following
    http://www.bishnupriya-manipuri.org
    http://www.pouri.net
    http://www.manipuri.org
    http://www.manipuri.com
    http://www.manipuri.net
    http://www.usingha.com
    http://www.mahasabha.org for Mahasabha
    Soon after Ashim Singha from Bangladesh started helping me, and he created lots of free web sites and helpful sites for our society. My problem is unavailability of Information on our society. Long time I am in the USA, and it is very hard to collect information. I requested to our writer to write on those web sites, but still no help. I published an offline journal (free of cost) “Pouri International” with just 1 issue. I had to stop because of 0 article. Finally, I received a series article from respected Sushil Sinha, Silchar just last month. Everyone is complaining that those web sites are not good enough or no article, but no one like to help or give me a single line to put on. I am just wasting money for nothing. In this point our famous poet Gitiswami said “Kar Kaje Kadourita akgou har napeila, hobar kaje mattegate hobaneihan ningkorla.”
    Anyway, I had some contribution on the article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishnupriya_Manipuri_language on English wikipedia, and I have created more than 500 new articles on English wikipedia (
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~interiot/cgi-bin/Tool1/wannabe_kate?username=Usingha&site=en.wikipedia.org. Also I am an administrator of Bishnupriya Manipuri Wikipedia (http://bpy.wikipedia.org), and there I created (together with my bot Usinghabot) 20,800 Articles in Bishnupriya Manipuri language.
    Finally, thanks again. It will be appreciated, if anybody pass me any article on Bishnupriya Manipuri, and I will be very happy to post them on all of our web sites.
    my email: pouri_98@yahoo.com

  5. Anonymous Says:

    as far as i know the article at http://en.wikipedia.org/Bishnupriya_Manipuri_Language is compiled completely by Asim singha,check the discussion section & history you will find it. please dont steal others credits to promote urself,its plagiarism and it will not help us.


    anyway good work by Risikesh for his valuable blogs,lot of thanks for him.

    -Gita Singha (ananya_manob1@yahoo.com)

  6. Anonymous Says:

    i also give my thank to Uttam singha for his hard work on bpy.wikipedia - it is indeed a great thing for us. everyone should be honored according to his/contribution.
    -Gita Singh

  7. Uttam Singha Says: This comment has been removed by the author.
  8. Uttam Singha Says:

    Dear Gita Singha,
    Thanks for your nice comment. I never said I was the owner or writer of the article http://en.wikipedia.org/Bishnupriya_Manipuri_Language, but I said I had contribution on that article. Please visit the article and look for the history of that article, and you may see how many contributors are there. For your information my user name on English wikipedia is Usingha. Yes, most of the content of the article was taken form Ashim Singha's writing (many many thanks to Ashim Singha), but there are so many contributers other then him. Dear ananya_manob or Gita Singha, please think twice before you attack somebody. I was not promoting myself, just I was telling the fact. I am so sorry that you misunderstood me. Thanks anyway.

    Please note: I have given full credit to Ashim Singha for his online service to our society on my previous comment. I will always salute and give credit to his extra ordinary work.

  9. Anonymous Says:

    IT IS A INTELLECTUAL PIECE OF ANALYSIS BY HRISIKESHA.I ASK BPM WRITERS DONT EXPECT OR WAIT FOR PEOPLES PRAISE,IF YOU LOVE YOUR OWN SOCIETY JUST DO YOUR KARMA,HISTORY WILL GIVE YOU REWARD ONE DAY.MY BLESSING TO EVERYONE.HARE KRISHNA.

  10. rk rishikesh sinha Says:

    I must appreciate Uttam Singha for his work in the world of Internet. I will not dwell into the "credit" section.

    Being the writer of this piece I feel happy that at last it has been read.

    Like Uttam Singha, I have promised myself that I will fill up the internet world with BM.

    I will be happy if I could help Uttam Singha with the supply of articles or any other necessary information. But my hands are tight since I am in Delhi and not in the heartland of BM , silchar, Tripura.

    Let us kiss the sunshine.

  11. Uttam Singha Says:

    Thanks Rishikes for your wonderful idea for our society. My comment was not to take credit, but I was showing my helplessness, and I am asking for forgiveness from our society. I have created so many web sites but very less articles. If I got any help or advice I will fill all the websites with articles or contents.
    Just one more thing I will request you that please replace the picture with the following picture, and it shows Bishnupriya Manipuri scripts.
    http://bp2.blogger.com/_qpUsqFMeVNo/RwPq9RD42OI/AAAAAAAAABc/6TE1Y22zNKc/s1600-h/bpm.png

  12. Anonymous Says:

    thank for the website review although it is incomplete.googling for bpm gets more than 35000 sites but u told few 3/4 site that come first.if u go upto 10 pages of google search u will find many sites,even meitei sites have info about bpm.a site comes first at google dont mean its the best.the WEB is not all about google,there r many other websites on bpm that not even included in google.
    -tomba

  13. rk rishikesh sinha Says:

    hi anonymous read ur comment.

    i agree with you.
    that there are many websites mentioining about BM. but my primary concern was to find out the best websites in BM, maintained by BM in google.

    and they are the best according to google's standard.

    amd there is no doubt of it.
    -----------------

  14. rk rishikesh sinha Says:

    hi Uttam,

    I went to ur Pauri.
    and signed it. but i was not able to write in the guest and do anything in pauri.

    can u please send ur id.
    here is mine rajkumarrishi1(at)gmail.com

  15. Uttam Singha Says:

    Dangoria Rishikesh Girok,
    I was updating pouri.org site. Most of options came back, but still I am working. Please check it now. I just want to more secure the site and option.
    Thanks a lot.
    Thakat

  16. Unknown Says:

    PRANAM TO EVERYBODY,
    Its really nice to have all the friends voice and comments as well as knowlede in this website.MY name is DIPEN SINHA .I am pursuing MBA in hyderabad and working in call centre.There is a request could u please make a site so that we all the youngstars can chat with each other at any time.ex-like orkut or yahoo mail.Believe me it will tremendously increase the popularity of our website and we have evrything inside us only thing we need is popularity in this world.Thank you!

  17. rk rishikesh sinha Says:

    hello deep,

    i dont know how u come to this page. since then its first publication. a site has been launched in 2007.

    u can visit www.bishnupriyamanipuri.com

    thanks
    rk rishikesh sinha