Chak De India: film depicting India by hockey with a team of women

NEW DELHI,INDIA

Coach Shah Rukh Khan in Chak De India



Shah Rukh Khan playing the role of a coach in the film Chak De India which hits theatres this Friday, is in publicity spree of the movie. At first, it was the book on him hitting the store, followed by giving flurry of interviews. BY doing so, he makes it sure the producers make money from his project. Here is what the King says about his new upcoming movie.

Question: What was your real reason for doing this film? Was it the fact that it was a great opportunity to shed light on a sport or was it a great story to tell, or was it a little of both?


Shah Rukh Khan:
Neither of the two. Actually I am not so socially conscious neither do I understand stories. Very simply put is that I wanted to play some hockey after 20 years.

I keep telling my producer and director that I hope after the film is released there are five-six people who say 'oh, I haven't played hockey for a long time man!' Or a father or a mother picks up a hockey stick and tells their children go play the game. So, if people in India start doing that then it is good enough for me.

Question: On one level Chak De India is a patriotic film isn't it? And you play a Muslim coach of the national women's hockey team. Is that symbolic and done to destroy stereotypes?

Shah Rukh Khan: Actually, you can say it in one line that it is a destruction of stereotype – it 's a film about India, headed by a Muslim, playing a game called hockey with a team of women. So, it completely breaks all stereotypes.

I believe in the educated Islamic sect, I belong to it and educated Muslim people are the nicest people in the world. That is my religion and I would like to propagate that through my film without shoving it down your throat. I am not shoving my religion down your throat. I am trying to say that the ideology of an educated Muslim is what my ideology is – that you believe in humanity. courtesy: cnnibnlive

CAN YOU IDENTIFY THE 16 GIRLS?

DO COMMENT
OTHER RELATED STORY ON CHAK DE INDIA

ONE MAN AMONGST 16 BABES

Posted in Labels: , |

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    chak de will. biggetshit of 2007..

  2. Anonymous Says:

    chak de will rock. d biggest hit of 07.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    it has rocked the whole country