Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) Bus Conductors are James Bonds

Hello friends. If you belong to Delhi and daily commute for your job or for some other reason – then the fear of Delhi Transport Corporation’s (DTC) bus conductor is obvious. As soon as you board the bus, a sort of strange fear grips you. A bizarre energy throws you towards the old, angry bus conductor. You are not alone in this exercise. There are, indeed, many commuters like you, who frantically extend money (bus fare) to this remorseless, ghost in the human form – the bus conductor.

The whole affair is agonizing. Since you are stretched at two points, one giving the bus fare, second you have to confirm and compete for your seat in midst of hullabaloo and abracadabra affair.

Well, being in Delhi and not having an affair with the army of bus conductors, it is not possible - absolutely not possible. One day or the other day, you have to get entangled with these bus conductors. Every person has their own story, and I suppose these stories are indeed, agonizing, distressful, and painful.

Few days back I had the same one-to-one session with this DTC bus conductor. The bus was plying between Rohini and Gurgaon. I boarded the bus from Naraina and following the same procedure as I have mentioned I was capable to do both the things together – taking the ticket and occupying a seat.

The story unfolded in Iffco Chowk, Gurgaon. The climax of my story starts from here. Two old persons, the ticket checkers boarded the bus and they were in their mission, early morning mission: to catch passengers who don’t buy tickets. They were just like James Bond (this time only two) secretly assassinating those caught red-handed without ticket.

This time in their mission I was caught red-handed, in their eyes I was a foe, to be killed in cold-blooded manner. It is not that I didn’t take fare. Actually the same old bus conductor gave me a ticket that was validated till Shankar Chowk, Gurgaon. At that moment my experience whispered me - there is no point to have a lovely one-to-one talk with the bus conductor and ask: why my dear bus conductor you have given me this ticket.

Within minutes I became a cynosure in front of all commuters. Frankly speaking, I was extremely unaware of the fact that I was getting so much of peoples’ attention. My first concern was to free myself from the entanglement. Good news is that I was not carrying the amount of fine Rs 100.

And after few minutes of lovely chit chat with these two old Bonds, at last I freed myself when I showed them that I am from PRESS and showed my identity card. I am bigger James Bond than you two people combined. I am a James Bond!

The scene ends there, there in Iffco Chowk, Gurgaon. I set for another mission that is to get to my office and tell the nightmare story to my colleagues. And of course, these two old Bonds were again in their undertaken mission preying on ticketless commuters.
At the end, beware of this DTC bus Bonds who are cruel and inhuman characters. They are ghost and must not be entertained at any cost.

Posted in Labels: , |

1 comments:

  1. chandralekha Says:

    Hi,
    I found the link to this blog in your comment to my blog.I checked your comment recently and followed the link.You write good and thnaks for your comment too.Wish to know more about you...since we have common writing interests!!