Delhi and Gurgaon: The Brownian Motion



It’s been almost two months, I have been towing between Delhi and Gurgaon. And, so far the journey has been bag full of experiences. Not to forget, people take, and I am not an exception to the rule: The reward of suffering is experience.

Well, the experience has been the mixture of success and failure affair. How? Obviously, getting at office at time all the way traveling over 40 km and changing couple of vehicles, and again following the same route back home does matter a lot. And for this I pat myself.

Amazingly, I have been most of the time much before the official time, becoming the first person to open the door and turning on lights. Seeing myself taking this honour – opening the door – I feel as I have won a war and waiting to be decorated with some medal!

Nonetheless, the present 10 am to 6 pm job, besides giving the opportunity to becoming “master of none”, has reaffirmed by belief that there is no rule of success. Again, how? Since two months I have been searching, researching the perfect travel itinerary so that I can easily get to office and again back home without any hit and trial attempt. But, it’s been an utter failure.

If I have been a failure, it is the failure of the respective governments of Delhi and Haryana!! Don’t get jerked, how my failure, becomes the failure of the laws of land. Remember, the hype and hoopla that was accorded to the jaywalking. People were fined to improve their walking etiquettes. Etiquettes go haywire in different crossings of National Highway 8 and Ring Road.

People including me take the risk of crossings the roads at Naraina, Duala Kuan, Rajiv Chowk (Haryana) and Khandsa village (Haryana). Since I started jaywalking on these crossings, no policeman has ever fined me. God forbids! People’s motion in these crossings recalls me of Brownian motion: the random motion of small particles suspended in a gas or liquid. It is pure Physics!

People coming from the opposite direction in their attempt to cross the road very often collide face-to-face. Likewise, I have been caught in the Brownian motion with other human-particles!

Not to mention, in the route of my motion comes the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway trajectory. The opening of the Delhi-Gurgaon and its subsequent traffic jam has been in news. Where the opening of the expressway has escaped poor souls like me from the erratic, bumper to bumper traffic at Subroto Park, which had been a daily affair; but its opening has created another lethal, inescapable traffic snarl at the toll gate.

Every time when I cross this toll gate, it makes me feel that it is a dam where gush of vehicles are abruptly stopped, and later allowed in much controlled manner. The scene of vehicles gushing out is fabulous, impressive. Sometimes, I feel getting down from the bus/ cab and have a run. Really! I do feel to have my feet on this stretch.

I remember in the initial days of its opening, the heavy traffic of the vehicles at the gate made the way for free-passage after finding that they [DS Constrution] can’t pay-out receipt of each vehicles using their stretch. So far, this has been an “experience” for DS Construction for “suffering” a major loss of their income.

And another aspect of my journey is that the stretch from Rajiv Chowk to this newly inaugurated fly-over at Subroto Park is full of fly-overs. Sometimes, I do feel I am taking a ride on a roller-coaster. As soon as the first fly-over ends, next starts with different surroundings.

So, my traveling is full of surprises which can’t be “suffering” experiences at all. At the end, today I followed a different route; I did not go to Naraina, to save myself from another traffic jam. I went to Karol Bagh and came to my home. I followed this first time – in my two-months to and fro motion between Delhi and Gurgoan and to my surprise I reached home quite early and the journey less tiring.

Do tell, if you have a car, if possible a SUV, Mercedes is “OK” to save me from Delhi’s government assurance – to have a control on the wheels on the roads.

Posted in Labels: , |

2 comments:

  1. Pranay Says:

    i find the Delhi-Ggn Expressway extremely majestic! u know.. its so massive... Yesterday only, i travelled through its length on a bike.. n it was kinda getting scary! vehicles were literally zooming past! probably m nt used to such fast moving traffic in delhi! but the problem at the toll plaza is disturbing... maybe its due to the initial confusion..
    only time wil tell...
    n btw.. nice comparison b/w jaywalkers and brownian motion!

  2. Elizabeth Miller Says:

    Thank you for sharing information.online book Ticket through Redbus