"Fuck Off" Defined

"Fuck off" is among one of the words, I suppose, has been pollinated by English movies, and of course by the English education. Well, attributing to its mass usage the English education couldn't be held responsible since this word, so far I haven't found in any of the curriculum textbook.

It is not that I don't know the meaning of the word. I know. However I don't know when it had come to my primary stock of vocabulary. When it does peeped in, and remained in my stock of words. But, the difference is that I haven't used this word in my mouth. Frankly speaking this word, and many similar words, do not come to my lips. Why it doesn't come to me whereas it is being blurt out by many of us. The question is serious, very serious. What is the reason that nowadays Gen Next girls are pronouncing this word very often. So far I have seen very few men uttering the word.


I always get flummoxed whenever I heard this word from a fairer sex. The reaction of my body changes very fast and my ears get attuned, eyes start scanning to see the reaction of the other persons around the source of the word. All this takes place as if I haven't heard the echo of "Fu**k o**'. Nonetheless, it has already alarmed my six sense.
I give a glance to the person who has triggered my reaction. Perhaps trying to study what has prompted her to utter the most descriptive word. I get a vague answer to all of my on-the-spot investigations.


In a country like India, the uttering of the word is considered bad than what it literally means. And those who utter not only become the cynosure of the crowd but people take it as a man/ woman of less moral. Man - less moral, understood. What about the woman, who are being respected, honoured and given a high place in the society? The reason lies somewhere.


India is changing and so are the behaviour of the Next Gen. Now, fairer sex use this word very often. If possible, they would end up a sentence with this word. The word shows in them the confidence that they are carrying. The freedom of economy that they are enjoying. Extending to it, the choice of answering 'Yes' or 'No' to any request offered to them.


When a female utters this golden word. The first reaction people around them give is by hiding their eye contact, seeing here and there as if they haven't heard the echo. Though, very few are there who answer this phrase (Fuck You/ Fuck off) in a witty manner. However, the witty answer is itself not digestible to many. The first, who hide their reaction even put question on the morality of the person who had given a witty answer.


I remember when one of my female colleagues had this word uttered from her mouth, I present there got numb stuck and I did the same what the first type do, whereas a colleague who had joined newly in the company answered the sentence by "I do like".


Where I was full of praise for this newly recruited guy in the office, something that astounded me and kept me awestruck came with the answer of my female colleague. Her answer, was quite opposite to the usual norm if a woman is ever confronted: giving a rude answer to the person or leaving the space without saying anything or at extreme giving a tight slap. That I was expecting to happen.


But nothing happened as such. They both laughed! and enjoyed the witty answer. Seeing this,I instructed to myself better I have to leave the space, and so I did. I left the space hitherto they could carry out the remaining chit chat.


Not satisfied with the boy's answer, I searched in Google and I found:

Fuck Off was a notorious art exhibition which ran in opposition to the Shanghai Biennial Festival in 2000. Its name was a loose and questionable translation
of the exhibition's corresponding Chinese title: The Uncooperative Attitude.

Fuck Off is the first solo EP by Shaggy 2 Dope (Joseph Utsler), one half of the duo Insane Clown Posse, released in 1994 on his self owned label, Psychopathic Records.

Posted in Labels: , |

0 comments: